Friday, February 5, 2010

LOL Cats and Me at Oakland SPCA

I have decided to use all the time I normally spend looking at lolcats more productively by volunteering at the Oakland SPCA. Last night was my first training, then next week is my next training, then I have to volunteer for two hours at the front desk, THEN I get to play with kittehs. I said 'Oh hai' to the kittehs that were there last night. My favorites were 'Tic' and 'Tac,' two five month old male kittehs who are best friends. Their cubicles are connected by a hole in the wall so they can hang out. Their pictures are not on SPCA's website but Tic is fluffy and rusty-colored with a white stripe down his nose and Tac is a tiger-striped short-haired kitteh who has lost his right eye! :'( I wish I could adopt them. We will see how I can endure the onslaught of cute before I adopt one (or two).

2 comments:

  1. Sounds Awesome! I wonder how many kitteh's you will have by the end of the year? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kittehs yet, but Tic and Tac are still there, tugging at my heart strings. Worst case scenario, I become the cat lady.

    ReplyDelete