Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I will be going to France

Bonjour! In a few short weeks I will be traveling solo in France for ten days, including our three-year anniversary (I am a terrible girlfriend) and then I will be participating in a river restoration course and field camp with colleagues from graduate school.

The ticket was the most expensive of my life. I guess flying from the west coast to Europe in June was never going to be cheap. The price jumped $90-250 overnight and I decided it was high time to pull the trigger.

 Any suggestions on places to visit and things to see would be most welcome! The real question is will I take Quatchi? I think even in my most basic French I can answer: bien sur! My favorite French phrase so far: à toute à l'heure!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Shannu! I don't think you are a horrible girlfriend a'tall. Your bro was in China for our 3rd wedding anniversary. His China trip made him a better architect/urban designer and a more well-rounded citizen... a happier husband. :) Sucks these awesome opportunities arise at less than ideal times, but in our case, I would say that has a second order experience-r of benefit - it was worth it! :) I hope it's the same for you guys. I just had another thought - The Beck is headed to Paris in June for a solo adventure too! Keep your eyes peeled. Maybe your paths will cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeannette! Thanks for the words of wisdom! I don't think John minds - he understands the awesomeness of this opportunity and we can celebrate before I leave. I will have to contact Becky to see when she will be there! Maybe we can manger some fromage together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue to be jealous of all your travels...Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I am actually going to Paris en seule in September...when are you going?

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky! too bad - I will be there late May to late June... I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will Quatchi be going with you or will he keep your fiancee company while you are gone? Just wondering.... I think Quatchi in France would be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Quatchi will be keeping me, not my boyfriend, company on this trip - think of all the photo opportunities!!! If only we could all go together...

    ReplyDelete