Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Adieu, Paris, adieu!

Quatchi and I prepare for our last big day in Paris!

   View from the hostel balcony

Q.,the Rhino, and me with my hair in my face at the Musee d'Orsay

Quatchi has a funny hat

Oh wait, it's just the Eiffel Tower!

And it is so big

Still there

Musee Quai Branly's gardens make you feel like you're in the countryside

Still there

Covered arcades

I think the French did invent them

Octagonal pool at the Tuileries Garden with Place de la Concorde

The reclined chairs make you feel like you're at the beach

At Luxembourg Gardens, people also enjoy the sunshine

Looks like a much more civilized version of San Francisco's Dolores Park

My last aperitif over a game of world cup

Sunrise over the chimneys on my last morning in Paris

 
Time to fly home.

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour, Shanny & D!

    Hope it's cool that we posted Quatchi's sweet Eiffel Tower pic here:

    http://quatchiwatch.wordpress.com/2010/10/08/quatchi-on-the-road-3/

    Where are you taking him next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,

    We are happy to supply photos of Quatchi's travels.

    Next stop: San Francisco for an amateur production of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. Quatchi is the understudy to Count Orsino...

    ReplyDelete