Thursday, June 3, 2010

From the north to the south: Nantes and Bordeaux

Nantes:
 
 Quatchi's first non-rainy night on the town!

Every town has these rentable bicycles but they do not accept my non-French debit card
and tease me as I walk everywhere on sore feet :(

 I want, please.

 I later learned that this is an old biscuit factory that has been turned into a performing arts center
but at first glance I just thought it was very strange.

 Nantes, birthplace of Jules Verne, has a 30-feet tall mechanical elephant that walks!

Quatchi and the elephant

Macarons!

Wooden shuttered hothouses in the botanical gardens

The chateau of the Dukes of Brittany

 I would live here...

 You can see where they added onto the 15th century building in the 18th century...Europe is so old.

Baby ducks made designs in the moatweeds

Bordeaux:
Large river, famous bridge

All of old town Bordeaux is a UNESCO World Heritage site

Cathedral and tram

Place de la Victoire

Cool ad campaign for something:

No comments:

Post a Comment